Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy Anniversay, RIP

our vacuum died Tuesday. Well, stopped working. I think it may be as simple of a fix as a new belt, but I've signed a DNR order. I never expected it to last this long. We bought it for about $60 5 years ago this month. I remember because we picked it up on one of my visits out here just before we got married. It's always been mediocre and that was fine in rentals. Now that I actually own the carpet and have a child who spends most of his time playing on it, we need something a little more powerful. I guess I should have told Matt it died a year ago, huh?

Matt's on board for a new one, but says I can't be a follower and get a dyson like all my cool friends. Although, looking at their website makes me reconsider forming an argument to get one. [shudder]

I debated whether this was even too mundane to post, but really- vacuum shopping is what's going on in my life today. So, any recommendations?

9 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, April 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any recommendations. I'm a vacuum killer. We've had 4 in 6 years of marriage.

One day I WILL buy a Dyson. :P

I hope it's tough...

 
At 1:43 PM, April 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh come now. you know very well what CR has to say...

 
At 3:08 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

Dyson gets my vote :)

We got a refurbished one online and it has been fantastic! I think we got it a year ago in February.

 
At 3:16 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Don't get an Electrolux. Ours died after just over a year (of course) and was nearly as $$$ as our Dyson.

 
At 4:18 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

i so want a dyson! that's all i have to say.

 
At 10:45 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Lee said...

I really like my Dyson. It works great. Good luck with the search.

 
At 9:42 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

How many replies would it take in favor of the Dyson for your dh to agree?

I love our Dyson.

 
At 4:04 PM, April 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dyson is the Range Rover of vaccum cleaners. Nuff said.

You know who I am. ;)

 
At 4:26 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Amber said...

LOVE my Dyson. I'm a little sad that my house doesn't have as much carpet as it could since I don't vaccuum frequently. My vote is for Dyson. I think Jane? got one refurbished online for like $250ish? Do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home