Monday, April 03, 2006

There's a car

What Dr. Lei didn't know about Howie saying "there's a car" is that he says the phrase about 25 times a day. He definitely knows what cars are, but I think he's missing something. He says car in his sleep. Keys, his jacket, putting on his shoes and anything with wheels are all called car. He says car when there's no car in sight. I think it's his default conversation piece and he brings it up if he feels we've been quiet too long.

His official first sentence was "Oh wow, there's a car!" It wasn't. It was Thomas. This morning, like may others, he woke me up by yelling "there's a car!" repeatedly. I assure you that there are no cars in our bedroom.

I was starting to worry that he was going to call everything a car, but he changed it up a little in Target. He correctly told me, "there's a shoe" and "there's a ball". Cars are still his main love. Today while looking at a picture book I asked him where the bear was. He took my finger like I usually do with his when I'm helping him find something. He pointed to... what else? "there's a car!"

4 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

He's such a cute kid! And smart, too. (I called everything "cow". Wonder what that means...)

 
At 5:22 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

I heart Howie. He's such a smart little cutie.

 
At 9:00 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Lei said...

At least he's not calling all animals "titty" (kitty). :S

 
At 10:20 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

Too cute! Ian's would say "penis" everytime he couldn't think of a word he wanted or just wanted to tell a story. I would take car :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home