Monday, May 29, 2006

MLM- In memory of...



Our tribute to my grandpa-



We named our son after him even though his name was Howard. That makes a pretty clear statement about how we felt about him. I've never known a greater man.


***Not to discount Howie's name at all, but we weren't sure leading up to his birth that it was the name we wanted to use. We wanted to honor grandpa, but Howard? He didn't even like the name. Grandpa's memory won out and I'm glad because I do love it now. It suits our boy perfectly.

14 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

One thing's for sure...you've got the CUTEST Howie in the world!

 
At 8:53 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I loved it before you even decided to name him that for sure. Perfect!

 
At 9:17 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Kermit~the~Frog said...

It's a great name, and what an honor to both of them.

Great picture!

 
At 10:40 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Valarie said...

yeah, a cute kid can make any name great. We get lots of comments (and compliments) on it and won't be suprised if he single handedly bumps it up the popularity scale in the next few years. Maybe it'll even break the 500's.

 
At 8:14 AM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Alicia said...

If I could be guaranteed a kid that cute, I'd name ALL my kids Howard---first, middle, and heck, I'd even change my last name!

Your grandpa sounds like a great man.

 
At 10:20 AM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What an honor to give your little guy your grandpa's name!!!

 
At 10:21 AM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

My mom loves his name. Her brother is named Howard and she often comments that she likes that you named your son that. You know, since she talks about you all the time :p Anyway, a great tribute, I think. good job.

 
At 1:07 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of wanting to honor someone but not being sure of the name. My dad died when I was 15, and his name was Ernest. Love the man, not so sure about the name. (Ernie?) But the decision was taken from us, as both my brothers used Ernest for their son's middle names. I figured that was enough so we ended up not using it.
But Howie is a cute name, and your son is adorable.

 
At 1:47 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Nettie said...

I really like the name Howie, too! Of course, my son's name is Marvin, also after his deceased grandfather. So, I definitely relate to your naming experience!

 
At 3:46 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Lee said...

I had no idea of the story behind the name! How great!!

 
At 6:40 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Lei said...

Howie is a darling name and the perfect take on "Howard". He's such a doll...

 
At 8:33 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! I'm sure Dad's very proud.

Love,

MOM

 
At 9:15 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these supposed to be short???
I can't say enough about how proud I am of Howie let alone being named after his great GGP.
I have a tough time with this. How Weird was my best friend, agreeing with Valarie, smartest man I ever new, Logic should have been his name.
He told me tales of howardy-howardy custard stuck his head in the mustard. Always in good spirits, I only wish & pray this upon Howie!!!!

 
At 9:33 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Diana Mancuso said...

Howie is adorable. What a nice tribute to your grandfather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home