Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Travel log- Boise

by the numbers

1 night in a hotel room
2 tanks of gas
3 meals
12 hours in the car
18 hours in Boise
8 of which we were sleeping
totally worth it

I found out about 1:30 on Sunday that I'd been approved to take Monday off. I'd already taken Sunday evening off, so we put in a super low rate on priceline and 30 minutes later we were in the car. It was a fun trip. Howie was a bit grumpy on the ride up, but that may have been the Wendy's frosty I ate on Saturday (kids' size, but still...).

We stayed at the Doubletree Riverside. It wasn't the very best area of town, but it was Boise so still relatively nice. The location was actually great. The sidewalk right outside the door was actually that of the greenbelt. We had an awesome view of the river from our room. The room was big and the beds were super comfy. They even do my absolute favorite thing in hotels- put a sheet on both sides of the blanket. Hate to sit on a hotel bed and think of the errant bodily fluids that may have been missed in the last weeks (or more) since the blankets have been changed? Never fear- there's a clean sheet on top too. Love that.

Monday morning we walked along the river to downtown. We wandered around a bit and ate at Goldy's. Then we walked to a park where Howie ran around for a bit then back to the car and drove home. Other than dinner on Sunday night, that was pretty much the extent of our Boise experience. It's a beautiful city, we had a lovely morning and given the chance- I think I wouldn't mind living there.

Howie at the playground- focusing hard on rocking.

This is Howie and me on Capitol Blvd (and the pink shoes in action).

9 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, May 31, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

I'm glad you had fun! I told Jehremy just the other day that I wouldn't mind looking into living in Boise someday (if a job presented itself). And that's saying a lot, coming from me.

 
At 12:22 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Glad you had fun!

 
At 1:49 PM, May 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me reading this...

Glad that you enjoyed Boise. It's one of my favorite cities. I'd move there in a heart beat.

 
At 2:39 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Valarie said...

Olivia! Of course I don't mind. Thanks for stopping by. We should do lunch or go to the park some time.

 
At 3:49 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Olivia said...

Sure! That would be fun!

 
At 3:59 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

WOW, what a quick trip. Sounds like you had fun. It always helps when the kids travel well.

 
At 5:01 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

Sounds like a ton of fun :)

 
At 6:20 PM, May 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot! sounds like fun! i miss whirlwind trips. my matt is impressively non-spontaneous.

 
At 11:32 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Rachau said...

I also hope you don't mind me coming into your blog land!
It's nice to see what freinds are getting up to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home