Monday, May 01, 2006

Where's the feet?

We're going away this week. We're hoping to fly standby to NYC tonight, otherwise we're driving to Boise in the morning- two very different trips. I'm packing now for the New York contingency. We're trying to travel light and I'm hoping to only take one pair of shoes. I did order the brown strap-ish ones, but I debated too long and they didn't ship until today.

Here's the deal- I can't wear running shoes when I'm flying standby. Well, I could, but the flight looks pretty full (we're numbers 5,6 and 7 with 8 seats currently available). I might have to sit in the jumpseat as a last resort- business casual only for that. Plus, I don't want to wear running shoes for the next three days anyway. I'm trying to shake up the mom uniform a little.

My problem is that I don't have any shoes comfortable enough to walk all over Manhattan for three days that also look okay with khakis. I'm looking through photos from our trip to Washington last summer. There's a conspicuous lack of feet. The only day on which I can find photos of my feet serves as a reminder that I don't want to wear running shoes. I wish I had just a few more brain cells left and could remember which other shoes I wore that week. It was before the new leaf of minimalist traveling and I know I had several pairs. All I can remember is that I had no problems. Maybe we should just go to Boise. At least I know what shoes to wear there.

one of the few pictures of my feet from that trip (I'll add, thankfully- based on how dorky I look here)

6 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip, no matter where it is. Happy early anniversary.

 
At 7:17 AM, May 02, 2006, Blogger smart mama said...

haha- i am a freak about not wearing tennis shoes on trips- so know the dilemma

 
At 12:37 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger Rachelle said...

Have a fun trip!

 
At 4:37 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

No help in the shoes department. I hope you have a great trip!!

 
At 3:47 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Amber said...

Maybe wear nice shoes and shop for new comfy shoes in NYC. :D Have fun and happy anniversary!

 
At 7:49 PM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Kermit~the~Frog said...

I can't wait to find out where you went! Hope you have a fun trip, wherever you land. I can only handle sneakers with full-length jeans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home