Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Addendum to yesterday's MLM post

1. I cleaned out the bowl. It's still overly full, but gone are the hard candies so old that they're chewy and the chewy candies that have become dangerous to your teeth. Items that survived the cull? 6 unopened packages of altoids sours. I bought a bunch super cheap at Target knowing that Matt like them. He ate an entire tin in one afternoon and then couldn't taste anything for a week. He's sworn them off, but I know he'll come back to them. Also, seven (7!) packs of Orbit gum, still shrink-wrapped. Let's not buy anymore for awhile.

2. It has been brought to my attention that my sugar-daddy takes great offense at my assertion that I don't have nice things. I believe he misunderstood my statement. A more accurate wording would have been "few treasured or special occasion items." In no way did I intend to imply that the items in my home are of low quality. It's just that nearly all that we have is in everyday rotation. There are few instances in which we say, "Oh, let's get out the _______" because it's likely that the ________ was used yesterday, or will be again in the near future.

So, it wasn't a remark about the fact that we only have one car and have never purchased a real piece of furniture. When I'm complaining about those points, you'll know it. ;)

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

In my defense, Sours are yummy when popped into a newly opened soda and allowed to fizz awhile.

MR M 'sugar daddy' R

 
At 7:47 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

is "sugar daddy" popping them into mtn dew? i will try it in sprite or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home