MLM- 1000 words about me

topic - Take a picture of something (not somebody) that represents part of who you are. Share that object and tell why it is significant to you.
This bowl sits in my pantry with most of my other serving dishes. It belonged to my great grandmother. My grandma gave it to me about a year ago. I think it was last Memorial Day, but I can't remember exactly. I admired it (heck, coveted it, drooled over it) for several years. I mentioned to my uncle that I wanted it someday and he must have made it known because it was given to me on our next visit to Grandma's.
It's full of candy that I can't bring myself to throw away though most of which I don't care to eat or am not able to due to Howie's allergies. The stack just keeps growing. The bowl almost never comes out of the cupboard. I didn't mean for it to store the candy cast-asides. It just happens to be on the top of the stack, which is on the same shelf as the snacks. I can't bring myself to use it for everyday things because I'm paralyzed with fear that it will get broken. I love it and it even matches my kitchen, yet on the shelf it sits.
How it represents me:
- how important my family is to me
- my addiction to all things kitchen related
- my packrat and disorganized nature
- how few nice or special things I have
- how I relate to my family- cherish them, but don't keep them on the front lines. I know they're there for me and usually turn to them when I'm really in need.
***notice that I didn't even close the cupboard when I took it out for the picture. That baby was going right back where it came from.
12 Comments:
Very cool bowl!
I'm ROFL that you left the cabinet open.
That is an awesome bowl!!
Yes, I teared-up at this one.
MOM
love that bowl, too!!! And it being passed down from family makes it that much more special
Beautiful bowl! Oh, and hey, if you need to get rid of the candy, feel free to send them my way! ;)
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Beautiful bowl. I can see why you wanted it for so long.
I like how you admit that there is a little pack rat in you. I am the same way... most things are cleaned up, always tidy, but there are hot spots in my house that look like this bowl's contents.
I love the bowl. I would put it up high away from little hands lol.
That is one COOL bowl! I love bowls too! :) Thanks for stopping by!
That is a gorgeous bowl! And a very sweet gift. I have a similar looking stash in a less than attractive rubbermaid container in my pantry. Unfortunately, I do eat out of it.
i'm gaming for grandma's trunk of photos - too many competitors though. I'd settle for copies, and maybe her crocheting needle.
Gorgeous bowl! And LOL at leaving the cabinet open.
Beautiful bowl! And send me some freaking candy if you aren't going to eat it.
Post a Comment
<< Home