Sunday, June 11, 2006

no wonder the kid is always sweaty

I'm stingy with the air conditioning and we live in a little clay oven of a house. It generally reaches the lower 80's in the afternoon. I usually turn the a/c on just in time for it to cool off before Matt comes home. It will almost knock you over if you come through the door and the house is that hot, but we're like a couple of lobsters who don't notice that the temperature is reaching critical levels.

Tonight we were putting Howie to bed and I mentioned to Matt that it was a little warm. I thought we should turn on the a/c to take the edge off so that he would sleep better. It turns out that it was more than a little warm. The temperature in our house at 8 o'clock tonight was 86'F. I'm sure half my family is sweating just thinking about that.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, June 11, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

hey valarie!
thanks for visiting my site! i've been looking around your blog, and i'm sure i'll be back! (if only for the super cute baby pictures) - no, j/k. i really will be back to visit. :)

emily

 
At 1:28 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Lei said...

L.O.L. How do you stand it? Seriously - maybe it's just the pg thing, but I would just die in a house that hot all day!

 
At 5:15 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

you are right - your sister would die, just die! I turn on the a/c when it gets 76 at our house!

 
At 9:07 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

We've gone to great lengths to install a/c into this crappy apartment. I'm more than willing to go w/out food than to be hot. (heat hot, not "hawt"...that, I can't help)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home