Slightly better than flaming dog poo
There was a small bag on our front steps yesterday. The contents? Four melted and smooshed Hershey's kisses, four sample tubes of assorted Mary Kay products and a card with a poem printed on it. It read:A woman wears so many hats
one should be a crown!
So today I've come to celebrate
you as the greatest mom in town.
You love, you care, you make me smile,
what fun we have together.
I'm thankful you were brought my way,
we laugh no matter the weather.
This little token isn't much
but it will help me say
Happy Mother's Day
as I crown you
Queen for the Day!
1. Gag.
2. I don't think June 7 = Mother's Day in any country
3. I'm quite sure I've never met anyone in my neighborhood who sells Mary Kay
4. Further, I'm positive I've never laughed "no matter the weather" with her/him(?).
5. It this person had ever met me, she would know that there are way better things than beauty products to use as a token of how freaking awesome I am.
Oh, but wait! The bottom of the card says that I'm entitled to a free glamour makeover and a $20.00 gift certificate in Mary Kay products. I believe there's also a business card in the bag, but I'm not about to scrape off the chocolate remnants to find out who left this little bag of wonder.
Someone please stop me from throwing my money at this marketing genious!

3 Comments:
I confess....it was me.
What if it really was? ROFL.
rofl, Char!
Too bad I don't live there. I use Mary Kay.
how funny!
Post a Comment
<< Home