Thing it brotha!
When we were on the subway in New York, two groups of men came on and performed a song within just a few stops of each other. They were similar in some ways- such as singing in three part harmony and holding brown paper bags open for spare change. The differences were much more striking. The first group was comprised of older gentlemen looking rather put together. They had their timing down, not only for when then entered the car and ended the song, but in the harmonizing as well. They had beautiful voices and if I'd had an easily accessible dollar or two, I would have put it in the bag.The other group? They were younger by about 30 years and there was a reason their bags rattled when they shook them. I have a few suggestions if they'd like to bring in more than a few coins. 1. try not to look like the beggars you are 2. don't start the song just as we approach a stop, everyone is more concerned with getting off the train than digging out spare change. 3. work on the timing of the actual song as well (so said Matt) 4. most importantly- if you're missing a front tooth, and your lead singer has a lisp, don't choose a song with a prominent s. although I can't think of many songs without the letter s, so maybe you should consider a different career. or an actual career, for that matter.
So, two very different songs, but which did I have in my head as I was lying awake at 4AM this morning? Down by the Riverthide!
1 Comments:
At first I was thinking "wow, she's harsh", but then I can't stop laughing. Happy Mother's Day! Love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home