Ode to the couches
Our great friends lent us their living room furniture three years ago. How much nicer can you get than to loan out your furniture for three(!) years? We've known for a year now that they're moving back to the States at the end of the summer. We got a call this week that their return has been bumped up 6 weeks. They'll be back and in need of their furniture in just over 3 weeks. This means two things-1. we are finally going to own real furniture
2. we have to return the oh so comfy couches
I've got a wishlist for what I'm looking for in our new furniture. The couches are going to have to be pretty great, because they've got a lot to live up to. The borrowed ones weren't my favorite look, and I won't miss the slipcovers with the incessant tucking and the plain tan cotton fabric. However, it hit me as I was drifting off last night that I'm really going to miss them.
couch, sofa, davenport
I've never known such comfort
not too short and not too tall
two people snuggle, neither fall
trimesters one through three
how I loved to sleep on thee
I really hope there's not a dent
from the hours that I spent
staying up all night to read
no change of seating did I need
as our guests can attest
there is no better place to rest
Matt's of the mind that leather is just too cool to pass up. I don't disagree, but I'm not sure how that will work for my nappage. We already took down the futon- my second favorite napping spot. Oh what is a lazy mom to do? I might have to spend a few hours sacked out in showrooms before I'm ready to commit.
***washer update*** the appliance gods were smiling on us. Thanks for your well wishes. Apparently all it needed was to sit for a few hours. I was a little nervous because I googled DIY washer repair and the site that I found said that if it was a belt issue that the drum would spin without resistance. There was no difference there, so I crossed my fingers, threw in an old towel for counterweight and restarted a full wash cycle- it worked perfectly. It's a good thing too, because there was a poop mishap at the playground requiring immediate laundry attention. Although, I did have a small panic attack when we also threw in some super muddy pants from Matt's landscaping adventure. There was a pair of pliers in the pocket that made quite a clunking/banging ruckus. I thought for sure the previous cycle was a fluke and we were going to have to call a repairman.
5 Comments:
I'm glad your washer is working!! YAY! Also- shopping for couches took us forever- but we've been extremely happy with our microfiber. LOVE IT
If you ever need a couch shopping buddy......
:o)
Oh sorry i did not read this.I am happy you got you washer fixed.
Shopping for couches is one hard thing to do!We are going leather for our lounge room.
I do love a good couch shopping adventure. I can't stop reading your blog!! We have never owned a new couch. We keep finding used ones that are wonderful!! They all have this mysterious theme to them --the color green. Now the one we just purchased is sage. :)
Have fun sofa searching! It's one of my favorite articles of furniture... says so much about you! Lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home