Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006

We had a great Christmas with our little family. It was nice to not have to rush or travel. It wasn't fancy or lavish, but neither are we. The whole weekend was a simple reminder of just how much I like us and how blessed I am. Howie was so excited last night. He kept saying "Christmas tomorrow!" and it took 2 hours to put him to bed.

Today was a fun day with Howie. It took quite a while to open gifts because we had to completely unpackage and play with every toy he received before he went on (and if you've unpackaged toys lately, you probably have some idea of the time involved). It was nice to not be in the gimme, gimme stage and rush through it. We even took a break for breakfast. He's been busy with his new treasures all day and I even got two(!) naps in.

Merry Christmas!

Howie informing me that he received a blowdryer from aunt Tedi

realizing there was something else inside the box

sporting his new "nunnerwear"

13 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, December 25, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

the nunnerwear is freakin adorable!
and love the Atari shirt as well.

 
At 9:21 PM, December 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess was more excited than he was to get a blowdryer for Christmas. He's adorable. I love the "nunnerwear"

 
At 9:28 PM, December 25, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

PIMP! Love the nunnerwear.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:34 PM, December 25, 2006, Blogger Lee said...

CUTE Nunnerwear!
Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:17 AM, December 26, 2006, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

How fun! and the runnerwear is adorable :)

 
At 10:29 AM, December 26, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm glad I can claim that cute kid! Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:16 PM, December 26, 2006, Blogger Nikkie said...

That is too funny! Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:54 AM, December 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the whole unpackaging thing with toys these days... I about hurt myself trying to release the captive toys. What do they think people are going to do? I think a little tape would be sufficient.

Looks like you had an easy day like we did. Just fun watching a little one get excited about new toys.

 
At 10:23 AM, December 27, 2006, Blogger Suzanne said...

Your family is so cute! How sweet that Howie said "nunnerwear". You'll remember that one for a long time! :)

 
At 11:48 AM, December 28, 2006, Blogger Millie said...

So, so cute. Your hubby's hot. ;) And yes, I have unpackaged toys recently, and I'd like to know who thought up the idea for all the stinkin' plastic twist ties on every little piece. Just throw the thing in the box and call it good, why don'tcha?

Glad you had a great Christmas - you've perfectly described next year's dream Christmas for me.

 
At 9:01 AM, December 29, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I swear every time you post pictures of Howie, he looks SO much older. The nunnerwear, and the disappointing hairdyer gift, both made me lol.

 
At 10:00 PM, December 29, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

Fun Christmas! Love the UNDERWEAR (yes, I'm yelling- it must be yelled apparently in our house).

 
At 10:32 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

The nunnerwaar is cool.
But the best pic is the one of you guys!
I'm not going to call you hubby "hot" like Millie did, she's just naughty like that and I am not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home