Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Simplifying the English language

A guide to Howie speak:

cole- cold, popsicle (the treat), icicle (the stuffed polar bear)
truh- truck, train, car, anything with wheels- this has replaced car as the catch-all term. I guess he got sick of hearing "that's a truck" and "that's a train" all the time. He works so hard to get the r out and usually does a pretty good job.
mom- both parents, and most adults- regardless of gender
wah- water, milk, bath, shower, washing anything, sprinklers, the lake in the backyard caused by the run-off from the neighbors' sprinklers
drink o' wah- when he actually wants to ingest anything liquid
chair- couch, loveseat, chairs, booster seat, carseat, stroller
poop- any bodily function in the diaper area, his potty chair, the toilet- unless the lid is up. Then it's wah.

The funny thing about all these words is that if you ask about the real word, he knows what you're talking about. If you say anything about a bath, he'll nod his head and tell you "wah" in much the same way that I would say, "that's a train" when he called Thomas a car. I think he's decided there's too many words to have to say them all.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Rachau said...

LOl you have one smart little man there.He is so cute.

 
At 9:36 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I think I need to hear that for myself.

 
At 2:13 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I love that! He is such a cute little smarty.

 
At 12:13 AM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Amber said...

I love baby talk!! CUTE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home