Sunday, July 09, 2006

From happy to excited

also, my love of craigslist.

Our friends picked up their furniture on Friday morning . They put our new armoire in place before they left. I don't know if it was the lack of any other furniture in the room, but it seemed too small. All day I was taken by surprise at the amount of empty wall behind it. Plus, our stereo wasn't going to fit in it- just too small all around. Matt got home and agreed.

I showed him a full wall unit on craigslist. It was posted on Thursday evening and I coveted it. I had saved the link, knowing full well that it was ridiculous to even think about buying a second one and also knowing that it was something that would be well out of our price range. It specifically said that it would be available during a garage sale on Saturday, so I took the chance to call. Usually great stuff is gone within the day. I almost choked at the price. It was well within our budget- even less expensive than the one we already had. I had to work, so I sent Matt off with instructions to pay for it that night if he had to. I wanted that entertainment center. We spent the rest of the evening and the next morning trying to figure out how to get it home. I really like. really, really like it. I was happy enough with the other one, but this one makes me almost giddy.

I was going to crop out some of the mess, but that wouldn't give you an idea of the full scale. It has lots of storage on the bottom and is just what I had in mind, size wise. Please excuse the slight angle. I think I have one leg shorter than the other.

Do you see what's on the left side of that picture? While I was spending the morning online trying to find the best solution to transport it (u-haul cargo van, btw), I noticed another listing on craiglist. A train table, with track and a few trains for $50. I called as soon as I saw it and set up a time to meet with the woman. I don't think I could hide my excitement as I told her how very interested I was. She was on her way to work, so I was anxious all day that somehow we were going to miss out on it. When I got to her house that night, she told me she had dozens of calls after me. Well, duh, that's a screaming deal on a train table. Not the epic proportions of Sabra's deal, but I didn't have to drive to Las Vegas, either. I wish I could post a picture, but blogger is being stingy.

So, anyone want to come over for a playdate? How about buy a television armoire? Maybe I'll just list it on craigslist.

5 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Woot! What a score! Wait...what a couple of scores!

P.S. We have a truck/trailers/a fat guy to lift stuff

 
At 10:15 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

where's your brother in law when you need him? Geez, looks great. Can't wait to see in person

 
At 12:25 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

Awesome! Love the color, too

 
At 9:43 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Also, looks like you're not the only one who loves Craig's List:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13804920/?GT1=8307

 
At 5:42 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

awesome! i had been looking on craigslist for a train table for MONTHS! you score one for $50?!?!? too cool. love the armoire, too. LOVE. yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home