Tuesday, August 22, 2006

cue the ominous music

I typed that at the end of my last post and then decided it wasn't appropriate. turns out it was very fitting.

Matt was going to the geek dinner tonight when a woman cut him off in the middle of an intersection. He's fine, minus a sprained thumb and some airbag burns, but we are now carless. The dinner is an hour away and he was almost there. I'm waiting for Tedi to come home so I can take her car to go pick him up. He's stuck in American Fork until then.

The other driver was cited, but that's going to make insurance claims a nightmare. Nate Wade is supposed to call us in the morning. What will they tell us? I'm not sure. Hopefully that they'll replace our $800 cracked windshield while they're at it. Damn fancy ass embedded heaters. I'm glad we didn't shell out the $150 to fix the fog light on that side that got smashed mysteriously a few months ago.

oh, and I discovered a rash on Howie's leg when I was getting him out of the bath. I think it may be impetigo. ringworm and leprosy are also possible based on our string of good luck lately.

10 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

OH NO!!! I'm so glad Matt's ok. But the carless thing certainly does suck. And hopefully the rash isn't anything too bad. Kelly had ringworm (gag) when she was like 3 months old. Not a big deal, though. Just put some cream on it and it goes away. Hopefully it's something that simple for you.

 
At 9:26 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Holy crap! Glad Matt's OK. Please, please, please let me know what I can do. I'm a hell of a taxi.

 
At 9:30 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Olivia said...

I'm so glad Matt is okay! Everything comes in 3's right? So depending how you look at it, you are done with the cycle or almost done.

 
At 9:39 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I'm so glad he's okay. Good luck with the insurance and everything. What a nightmare.

 
At 9:42 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger J Fife said...

Wow! You've had a heck of a week. I'm glad the accident wasn't worse. Good vibes your way...

 
At 10:18 PM, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get the windshield replacement and the fog light paid for, it seems a sprained thumb is a small price to pay. :)

My dh was side-swiped and rolled his Pathfinder when we were engaged. He didn't get hurt much--just a sore neck. I remember being relieved that we didn't have that car payment any longer.

 
At 10:52 PM, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a clarification. I was headed east bound straight through the intersection. I had a green light and the car that I hit thought they could whip a left hand turn. I hit going around 35mph. I wasn't cut off - they made a left hand turn without yielding. Oh, and airbags really stink after they've gone off - not like gunsmoke, but much more acid tinged.

Ugh.

-DH

 
At 8:47 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Alicia said...

Ouch...acid tinged airbags. I hope all is well and that the insurance company treats you well.

 
At 6:17 PM, August 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. How long before the car is done? I know, no idea. Had a truck down there Monday just a little to ahead of time. Someone could have come with him & got the FORD til yours is fixed. It likes gas but it is here if you want it. Glad Matt is ok!!!!

 
At 8:54 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger smart mama said...

i just paid my 500$ deductible this week after nosme guy tried to pass me on the R when i was turning r the day before i left on vacation-- - that stinks- and hey i'll make you some leper bandages if you need em--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home