Saturday, August 19, 2006

Anyone want to take a road trip to Alaska?

States I've been through and maybe stayed in on a trip with my dad
states I've actually gone to visit and stayed for at least a couple days


create your own visited states map

**edited because I couldn't decide which way to do it or what the criteria should be.

10 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Millie said...

Wow, look at all those pretty red states. Mine isn't nearly as filled in.

I think a road trip to Alaska sounds fun - how many people get to drive through the Yukon?

Does this count actual nights stayed, or layovers at airports, or what? What's the criteria for "visited"?

 
At 12:37 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Valarie said...

Alabama is a stretch- we drove through about 7 miles while visiting my grandparents on their mission in Tennessee. They wouldn't stop so I could at least say I'd "been" there, because my grandma was having a panic attack about being outside the mission boundaries.

Michigan, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and maybe Iowa are a little iffy, too. My dad is a truck driver and I'm pretty sure we slept and maybe loaded in a few of those states, but it's a little fuzzy. I can safely say I've eaten and peed in all of them.

The rest were actual visits of at least a couple days.

 
At 2:41 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Nikkie said...

wow, that makes where I've been pretty sad. Though it doesn't cover Canada...but I haven't been to many provinces there either!!

 
At 6:17 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Amber said...

Alaska? I am soooo there! Sad I grew up in Canada yet never made it farther north!

 
At 7:59 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger smart mama said...

i need to hit alaska, Hawaii and maine and then i've got the whole thing covered! so i am in--

 
At 10:03 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Emily said...

I vote yes! And you can stay here on the way!! :)

 
At 10:21 PM, August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked this out earlier, by looking at yor map it seems you have left W.V out . I know you went to Virginia with me, had to go through W.V. add another one Val. it took me all nite to remember when, but I did get it. Alaska sounds fun, been thinking about it for years, maybe next year.

 
At 7:24 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger ShelahBooksIt said...

With the exception of AK, you've hit all the states I've missed (ND, WA, OR)

 
At 11:11 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Nicole said...

I am so jealous, I think a map of where I've been would cover about thre states.

BTW-Thanks for visiting my blog

 
At 1:01 PM, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so. i see there's a very good reason to come visit me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home