Happy birthday to me!
oh wait. it's not my birthday? Someone should tell the crazy Mary Kay lady in my neighborhood. I'd really like to see her calendar. Mother's Day on a Wednesday in June, my birthday in September... I wonder when Christmas is?Possible less strange reasons for this mistake would be that she gave the gift bags to everyone on our street or it was intended for the former owner (though never resident) of this house. Those fall short when you know that her 9(?) year old daughter rang our doorbell, asked for me by name, stated the rules of the coupon (month of September only) and her mom was yelling "Happy birthday" from the rolled down driver's window of their mini-van.
Now, on to possible sources for this incorrect birthday listing... I have no clue. It would make more sense if I say, associated with my neighbors. I don't. To my recollection, I've never filled out a form at any sort of party or gathering, because I've never gone to any sort of function where names are written down or birthdates disclosed. The name on the items is absolutely unfamiliar. If only I put any effort into my appearance and could actually enjoy the samples, and the coupon is actually pretty good- %off equal to your age in years up to 50. I'd call her and correct the mistake or maybe try to figure out where she got my info, except that would be like unsubscribing to junk mail. I'd just be verifying that I'm a warm body and potential mark.
I think I'll go have some cake anyway.
13 Comments:
That is just crazy! Happy fake birthday!
Happy birthday, Valarie!
I received some Mary Kay yesterday too...in the mail from a former ward member. Said something about how excited she was about her new business and how she just HAD to share it with me. Uh, I might believe it more if you'd actually spoken to me in the store 2 weeks ago when I said hello. Huh.
My cousin does Mary Kay. I have yet to find the party/selling business that doesn't annoy the crap out of me enough to want to do it - other than Tupperware, which I tried. It was like joining another church, and all the other women there were the missionaries. Yikes.
And hey - I'd eat some cake too.
Happy Belated Birthday!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I feel bad for her daughter. Nothing like pimping out your kids.
I want cake too - can it be my un-birthday?
That is just diggy dang funny!!
Yelling "Happy Birthday" from your mini-van is a perfectly acceptable way to wish someone a good birthday.
In the pink World of Mary Kay it makes perfect sense I guess.
Happy Non-b-day to you
i'll make you an unbirthday cake- i'm good at those- you knwo me anythign for cake!
Too funny! Well, it *is* *almost* your half- birthday. :p
Yeah, give Jenn some cake!! She didn't even get cake at my birthday party yesterday. LOL And I even went to the store before going to mom's for dinner with the thought of getting a cake. I didn't think about it until I got to the car, but then decided that I really didn't "need" cake. Oh well, I guess we will have to wait until Ty's birthday next month.
mmm......... cake!
;)
A very happy unbirthday to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home