Monday, October 09, 2006

What does it all meme?

I was tagged for a meme by No Cool Story (which isn't true, she has many a great story). She assigned me 4 words about which I have to write the first thing I think of.

celebrity - guilty pleasure. Yeah, celebrities are mostly dumb and self important, but I like reading about them. I check out the gossip mags in the line at the store. I don't subscribe to any, but you can bet that I don't go for Good Housekeeping or Fit Pregnancy while I'm waiting in the dr's office.

definite - something I rarely feel. For the most part, I'm wishy-washy and noncommittal. I'm not a fan of polls that ask you to list your favorites. Mine change, and change often. I'm the worst at picking restaurants. I guess it's a good thing that Matt and I rarely go on dates any more. It was really tiresome to choose on a weekly basis the first few years we were married.

strength - I'm probably the last person who should be talking about strength. Physically, I've turned to mush over the last three years or so. That's due mostly to my lack of strength in other areas. Wake up early to work out? bah. Have a healthy snack instead of the assorted baked goods that are perpetually stacked on my counter? ha! Let's not even get into how I went to school for 7 years and still have no degree or that I can't seem to get my whole house clean on the same day. strength, discipline. nope, not me.

dessert - usually a favorite subject of mine, but I'm so not feeling it these days. Sugar isn't my regular companion during the first trimester. However, I found some caramel corn in the pantry that Tedi brought home from work. I couldn't stay away from it. It was amazing to start, but was made even better because some of the pieces were coated in milk chocolate. I even searched for it online and learned that I'll never buy myself a bag. It's crazy expensive. If I get fatter off that, I won't be able to afford the new wardrobe I'll need. That being said, if anyone wanted to buy me a gift- Matt, for example, as a small token of his appreciation for gestating his child, the stuff was called Moose Munch by Harry and David. Everyone knows calories don't count if it's a gift.

I'm not tagging anyone because I don't want to think of any words for them.

**********************************************************************************
in other news:

Howie seems to be completely recovered. Thanks for the well wishes. He was much better Saturday. It was a nasty bug, but relatively quick one. The only lingering effect seems to be renaming his stomach. He was playing with a baby brush on Sunday morning. "brush my hair, my ear, my back, my arm" and then "my hurt" as he brushed his tummy. He told us a few more times today that it hurt, but I think he's talking about the past and just has a pretty strong imprint on how miserable he was.

9 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

OH HOW I LOVES ME SOME MOOSE MUNCH! Did you have the milk chocolate or the dark? They sell the milk version at Costco. They also sell small-ish and nearly affordable bags at the Harry and David outlet. Next time we're in Park City......

:o)

 
At 9:26 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Amanda said...

LOL! I like your thoughts on strength. I feel much the same way, especially early on in pregnancy. (Which I am not, I don't need to start THAT rumor!)

That Moose Munch sounds absoultely divine!!! Luckily they price it so high that it is less of a temptation.

Glad to hear that your little one is feeling better. Sounds yucky!

 
At 10:16 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger J Fife said...

Moose Munch, huh? I probably didn't need to learn that.

Having no way to help your sick child is the worst feeling. Glad your baby is doing better.

 
At 10:25 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Millie said...

You just HAD to put the link up to Harry & David, didn't you? :)

Good job - I have to admit, as much as I mouthed off about celebrities, I enjoy reading about them too sometimes.

 
At 10:25 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Nettie said...

Yum! That sounds like just the thing I'd love to be snitching out of the pantry! I'm afraid I've only got the chocolate chips left in there.

Glad Howie is feeling better!

 
At 11:45 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Nikkie said...

I'm so glad that he's feeling better. Poor little guy!

 
At 12:42 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said...

so sad about his hurt... but glad to hear he's feeling better. You have to stop posting about how adorable he is (though I love to read and hear) It makes it so much harder that I won't be seeing him for who knows how long. Seems like forever.

 
At 1:56 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Moose Munch, yum!
Ditto on celebrities, most of the time I think "this is news?", drives me nuts when they tell me that "Paris H. broke a nail!" during the real news. But I always read all the gossip mags at the doctor's.
Definite, Strength and dessert, I'm all there with you too.


Glad Howie is feeling better :D

 
At 3:53 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger smart mama said...

uhh yah strength applies in no way to me physically at the moment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home