When did that happen?
Long ago when I was pregnant with Howie, I saw this quiz on a message board. At the time, I scored about 40, or sprinkled with granola- based purely on what I thought my parenting would be like. Sheri was jell-o, but we decided we could probably still be friends anyway. I recently saw it again and to my surprise broke 100. I'm pretty crispy and on the cusp of love that whole-grain crunch. If I had a little more righteous indignation about circumcision or gave myself 10 points for holding out against the chicken pox vaccine I would have crossed the line, no question.How the heck did I get so crunchy? I've always had the tendancies. We are the freaks of the neighborhood. I've compared us to butterfinger candy bars or yogurt dipped granola where you can't tell just how crunchy they are from the outside. We live in the suburbs, maintain standards of personal grooming, are college educated (at least Matt has the pieces of paper) and have/had corporate jobs. Yet, we recycle like mad (for over 6 months we were the only ones in the development with a bin), only have one pseudo-hippy car, cloth diaper, co-sleep, babywear, have a push lawnmower and Howie's still nursing at 22 months old- and those are the short lists.
I'm sure his allergies and temperment early on bumped us up quite a bit. The exclusive breastfeeding in the first 6 months, buying organic and baking our own bread (well, sometimes) are all direct results of avoiding dairy and soy. The co-sleeping and babywearing could probably fall under the allergy umbrella, too. While not a direct need for his health, they were necessary for our mental stablility. His boob addiction where we're speeding toward age two and the fact that I'm already pregnant again factored in there as well.
I don't view that quiz as scientific or comprehensive by any means, but the results are pretty clear. I'm a crunchy granola tree-hugger. Can we still be friends?
20 Comments:
56 points. I'm actually very comfortable with that number. I guess we can still be friends, but know that I've noticed your acceleration in Crunchitude. It suits you.
Ha! I scored 130!! Supernutty crunchy...hehe
Thanks for joining in the fun at my place today!!
Mary, mom to many
107, now that we'll be homeschooling. I also get bumped up every time because I nursed another woman's child (with her permission, of course).
21!!!
Hey! I moved up from Jell-o to Instant Oatmeal! You must be influencing me a bit ;)
perhaps i did the math wrong, but i only got 13. ROFL!
I scored a 7, whoo hooo!, the 5 came from homechooling my kids 3 years (before Elementary school).
Jell-o and proud of it. Jello is the most honest food is there you know.
Allergies would really make you rethink the way you cook.
We can still be friends!. I won't make fun of your tree-hugginess if you don't make fun of my butter and whole milk consumption.
I'm saying "hello" on orders from Mary at OwlHaven. I scored a 37 on the quiz. But I've come a long way in the last year or so!
22 and totally fine with it. I didn't count the 5 months I home-schooled my son (he's back in school this year).
Now come on... people actually MAKE their own menstrual pads???
119- Pretty crunchy but do my fair share of processed foods!
Thanks for commenting over at Mary's!
I may have to take this quiz. I see nothing wrong with crunchy people!
Came over from Owlhaven. I'll have to find out how "crunchy" I amm too. 8^)
30. Im sprinkled with granola, just barely.
I think my views on labor are about the only crunchy thing about me.
i have issue with the deduction in feeding your baby breastmilk with a bottle! Not that I want to be sprinkled with granola. You can't be a tree-hugger - our dad was a logger!
I'm a big bowl of instant oatmeal---20. I'll be your friend if you can be mine.
Ok, there must be something wrong: how come I'm the lowest number so far?
Hmmmpf.
ncs, I'm just trying to figure out what else you were "thinking about" to get two more points.
Sheri, woo! just wait until you live by me.
Jenn, I thought that too. You put way more effort into giving your kids breastmilk than I do.
I scored 52...right smack dab in the middle of sprinkled with granola.
We can still be friends.
54 for me...Alissa's crunchier than me?! Who knew?!
I scored a whopping 42! I have actually lost a lot of my crunchy tendencies over the years.
I'm 44, but was 61 with my first child. My slippage was mostly due to the fact that I wean now at 18 months, instead of 2 yrs, and that I didn't co-sleep my last baby (I did the first 3). I noticed there were no points given for owning a pair of Birkenstocks?
Post a Comment
<< Home