Friday, June 30, 2006

1/7 the price of perfect

next installment of the furniture replacement chronicles:

We bought an armoire today. I found it on craigslist, so it's second-hand. It's also smaller than I wanted, only has drawers on the bottom and is lighter than what I had in mind. Know what? I'm happy.

It's not perfect, but complain as I might, I'm just not ready to shell out two grand on the ideal unit. What it does have- doors to cover the tv. It might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that will help Howie forget that it's there every once in awhile and keep from asking for it all the time- at least until we get his current tv watching habits broken. Also, it's solid wood. Anything new that is similar would be at least twice as much and anything in the same price range would be particle board and veneer that we assemble at home.

Let's hope we can get them swapped out without dropping either piece.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

And I bet it goes beautifully w/the picture of the couch I mailed you.

 
At 10:27 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I am going to have to look at this craigslist as I am a nerd and never heard of it.

Congrats on the new furniture!

 
At 5:37 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay! I love finding a great deal on furniture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home