Thursday, June 29, 2006

waiting for the yelp

I'm trying to make dinner to take to our neighbors who had a baby Tuesday. I let Howie sit on the counter while I mixed up the brownies for dessert. He found a pack of 9 volt batteries that were also on the island. He took the opportunity to dip them in the batter while I was getting the pan ready. He's now licking them. I'm not planning to take them away. Am I an evil mom? probably. but it's giving me a chance to search for the recipe for lemon rice I found the other day. I'm just waiting for him to lick both terminals at once.

**edited to add, I did offer him a spoonful of batter. He preferred licking it from the batteries. He moved on to emptying the trash by the time I had written this.

6 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

no more evil than D who frequently encourages K to lick batteries. mmm lemon rice.

 
At 5:06 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger sheri said...

mmmm...battery batter

 
At 10:17 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Lei said...

Little stinker. :) Drew is into opening doors he shouldn't.

 
At 10:04 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Zoe said...

LOL!!! He sounds just as crazy as my Myles!! Well, if the slight shock didn't bother him . . . maybe he just wanted a full sensory experience!! :)

 
At 10:59 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

He he he.

 
At 11:00 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Nikkie said...

That is just too funny!!! Batter is always better off of a battery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home