burying my head in the sand
Even though I was angry for a few days, I'm really feeling good about Matt's career changes. He had been planning on leaving that company for months. We thought it might be our chance to move away and even knew where we wanted to go. The timing kind of took us by surprise, but that's not all that has.The independent route has always been a goal, but we've never been able to work it out. All of a sudden it's looking like our best option. Not only that, but staying in Utah seems like the right thing to do. I don't think either of us thought we were prepared, but maybe leaving his job suddenly was the push that we needed.
I have a surprising sense of calm about the whole thing. I start to panic if I start to think about the specifics like, insurance, earnings and just how long our savings might last. However, if I think about our options in general, this is the one that feels right. I don't know just how it's going to work, but I can't help but think it's the right path for us. Things are seeming to work out so that I feel like we're being led to stay here and make the jump. I'm just not going to think about the details.
Is that faith or ignorance? I like to believe it's the former, but I'm not going to think too deep about it. Either way, it's bliss.
7 Comments:
Wow. I so could have written this post. I think we need to start a support group for "wives of independents." It is so scary. My DH just decided to go back and get his masters. I don’t know how I am feeling about that.
You are brave. I think the only thing that got me through it was remembering that at the end of the rough spots in the road, there is a whole lot of smooth….Lots and lots of faith.
I think its faith. If it feels right then its whats best. Thats what I live by anyway!
Faith, absolutely (except for the part about staying in Utah :))
Yay! I'm glad you're feeling good about things. That's always better than being worried.
I'm so glad you're feeling so much better about things. I vote it's faith.
The fact that you're so calm about it tells me you're doing the right thing. I think it's great. You can't see the future (scary) so just enjoy the present (not so scary) and know that things will be taken care of somehow. Aren't they always?
Yay for feeling good about things. Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home